- Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-800-273-TALK (8255)
- teenpregnancy.org: Preventing Teen Pregnancy website for teens, parents and community members.
- addictioncareoptions.com: Treatment Information Center-Alcohol and drug abuse informational website.
- sadd.org: Students Against Destructive Decisions (SADD) provides students with the best prevention and intervention tolls possible to deal with issues of underage drinking, other drug use, impaired driving and other destructive behaviors.
- dbsalliance.org: Depression and Bipolar Support
- childmind.org: Depression and Anxiety Article
- adaa.org: Anxiety and Depression
Tobacco and Drug Use
- tobaccofreekids.org: Where America draws the line about tobacco and kids.
- alcoholics-anonymous.org: Alcohol anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other to recover from alcoholism.
- al-anon.alateen.org: Al-Anon and Alateen (for teenagers of alcoholic families) has been an offering of hope and help to family and friends.
- Iwannaknow.org: Answers to your questions about teen sexual health and sexually transmitted diseases.
Dealing with Divorce
- kidshealth.org: Are you worried that your parents are splitting up? If so, you may be feeling sad or confused-here are some hints on how to deal with it.
- anad.org: National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD) provide help for those struggling with Eating Disorders: Anorexia, Bulimia, and Compulsive Overeating.
- nationaleatingdisorders.org: National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) is expanding public understanding of eating disorders and promoting access to quality treatment. Provides support for families through education, advocacy and research.
- learnpsychology.org: Eating Disorders
Grief and Loss
- griefnet.org: Provides support and education about how to deal with grief, death, and major loss.
- compassionatefriends.org: Offers friendship, understanding, and hope to bereaved parents, grandparents and siblings.
- learnpsychology.org: Grief
These professional association web sites offer information and searches for parents and teens: